Halloween is supposed to be fun and simple but for many families it’s evolved into a source of excess stress and expense. Let’s just take it down several notches, shall we? In Episode 11 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I share 7 tips -- ranging from big picture perspective shifts to tactical strategies around costumes, decor, and dealing with candy -- to help you de-stress your Halloween. (Added bonus? You get to hear what Asha sounds like when she's punchy!)
It's super easy to listen right through this blog post or via an app on your device. Here's how!
- Via the web. Hit the "play" button on the podcast player embedded below.
- Via an app. For iPhones and iPads, use the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict, or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for Edit Your Life. Benefit of using an app: once downloaded, you can listen to the show without an Internet connection.
If you're not seeing the Soundcloud player, you can listen to Episode 11 directly on Soundcloud.
And here are links to things/people/resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Minimalist Parenting (we talk more about de-stressing holidays in here)
- Edit Your Life Episode Episode 9: Simplifying Birthday Parties
- Bibliomotion (fearless publisher of Minimalist Parenting)
- #dornlovefest #kohmance (the hashtags we use on social media when we’re getting schmoopy on each other)
- Asha and Christine on Halloween (via Christine’s Instagram)
- Delivering our manuscript in costume (via Christine’s Instagram)
- A roundup of no-sew Halloween costumes (via Boston Mamas)
- Pajama-based Halloween costumes (via Rookie Moms)
- 10 cute (and free!) Halloween printables (via Boston Mamas)
- Halloween candy alternatives (via Boston Mamas)
- More clever Halloween candy alternatives (via Boston Mamas)
- How to handle the Halloween candy craze (via Boston Mamas)
- Candy buy backs + donation (via Boston Mamas)
- Magic Beans (a toy store that does candy trade in)
- Mummy minion door DIY (via Boston Mamas)
- 13 tips for easier pumpkin carving (including not carving it) (via Parent Hacks)
- Kids’ Halloween costumes: 10 tips from Parent Hacks readers
- Turn picnic supplies into Halloween decorations (via Parent Hacks)
- 8 tried-and-true tips for your child’s first Halloween (via Parent Hacks)
- A great hack for remembering how much Halloween candy to buy year-to-year (via Parent Hacks)
- In support of teenage trick-or-treaters (via Parent Hacks)
We want to hear from you!
Share how you simplify Halloween via your favorite social profile with the hashtag #EditYourLifeShow and let us give you a fist bump, or possibly a unicorn. You can also find us on the Edit Your Life Facebook page, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you found our show helpful, we’d be so grateful if you’d leave a review on iTunes!
Interested in becoming an Edit Your Life episode sponsor?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle/parenting/productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss episode sponsorship, drop us a line at email@example.com!
Image credits: thumbnail via Pixabay; Edit Your Life graphics by Christine Koh