Chores represent a double parenting win -- you’re teaching your kids life skills while taking something off your load. But this seemingly everyday ritual is a constant source of frustration for families. In Episode 26 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I explore why families wrestle with integrating chores into their routine and share 10 tips for how to get kids to do them -- and hopefully realize that chores represent responsibility and eventual independence.
Talk to us
We’d love to hear which of our tips you’re putting into action. Tell us so we can issue you a high five!
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- How to get kids to do chores (8 tips from Christine)
- Chores for older kids (Asha shares about the impact of holding her kids accountable for their chores)
- A beautiful way to visually connect chores to allowance (perfect for those who like simple DIYs!)
- Age-appropriate chores for children...and why they’re not doing them (New York Times Motherlode)
- Gem Jars 2.0 (nice positive reward system from Amy Mascott of TeachMama -- our guest in Episode 13!)
- Allowance: What Works For You? (Jessica Turner -- our guest in Episode 8! -- hosted a conversation with her readers about allowance. Good feedback in the comments of the post.)
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.