Edit Your Life Episode 89: Raising Independent Kids
Independent kids. It’s what we’re all striving to raise, right? In Episode 89 of Edit Your Life, I chat with educator Amy Mascott about the summer juggle, the power of everyday learning (and how easy it actually is), and key tips for raising independent kids (including how to handle resistant kids).
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- Amy Mascott of Teach Mama and Raising A Rock Star Reader
- Edit Your Life Episode 13: Raising Readers (Guilt-Free!) - Amy’s first interview with us
- 12 tips for managing summer freakouts (Boston Mamas)
- All About The Trolls (the book Violet recently read to Christine!)
- How to create a simple bullet journal (Real Simple)
- Circle by Disney (parental control and Internet filtering device, Amy’s a fan)
- Amy’s brilliant Smart Summer Challenge
- myON online books + Hooda Math (recommended by Amy)
Question Of The Week
What is your best advice for encouraging summer independence? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post)!
Get In Touch
- Email us at email@example.com
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.