9 Upcoming Massachusetts Apple Festivals
Autumn in New England means apples and tomorrow is National Eat An Apple/Apple Dumpling Day! So, below is a roundup of 9 upcoming apple festivals across Massachusetts -- they start this weekend and continue into November, so get your calendar ready. Also, these back posts on 19 places to pick apples and 12 apple recipes will help you grow and savor your haul! Enjoy!
1. September 17. The Boxford Apple Festival has been a tradition for over 50 years, and features music, lots of apple treats, children's activities, and house tours. (Boxford)
2. September 17-October 31 (weekends). Smolak Farms hosts a Fall Festival every weekend through the end of October, celebrating the season and the harvest with ice cream, hayrides, a corn maze, and of course, apple picking! (North Andover)
3. September 24. The town common hosts Amherst’s 30th Annual Apple Harvest Festival. Arts, crafts, local food, and lots of apples help raise money for the Amherst Family Center, a free drop-in support center for families with children up to age five.
4. September 24-25. Apples and all delicious apple treats abound at The Lenox Apple Squeeze and Harvest Festival. Stroll through historic village where hayrides, children’s activities, and live music await.
5. October 15-16. The 33rd year of Applefest at Wachusett Mountain offers loads of craft and farmer's market booths, entertainment for the whole family, skyrides up the mountain to take in the beautiful foliage, and lots more. (Princeton)
6. October 22. Pick your own apples, make your own apple pie, try your hand at cider pressing, and enjoy a tractor drawn hayride at Long Hill Orchard’s Annual Fall Festival. (West Newbury)
7. November 4-6. At Franklin County CiderDays there are tours, cider tastings (both hard cider and the more kid-friendly variety), workshops, and more in venues that span the area. (various, Franklin county)
8. November 5-6. Russell Orchards hosts its annual Apples and Wine Festival. Enjoy fruit wines and hard ciders, live folk music, hands-on cider pressing, make-your-own apple pie, and apple samples all weekend. (Ipswich)
9. November 6. Join in an apple pie baking contest at Brooksby Farm! (Peabody)