Eat Seasonal: Apple Recipes
I have always loved apples. When I was little, I ate three apples a day and my mom is convinced that this is the reason I never suffered from teenage acne! Anyway, whether or not there's truth to that, today's Eat Seasonal feature offers 12 ways to incorporate your market or apple orchard bounty. Though I do love a classic apple crisp, this feature includes recipes a bit further off the beaten path (hello, apple sangria!). Enjoy!
2. This cinnamon apple fruit leather would make for a great lunchbox snack.
3. Chips of a healthier persuasion: crispy, crunchy baked cinnamon apple chips.
4. Warm up after a chilly fall outing with this apple and cheddar soup.
5. This potato, apple and gruyere tart has happy comfort food written all over it.
6. I am a huge fan of Brussels sprouts, but this roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and apples recipe further amplifies my love.
7. I don't normally opt for pork, but these apple cider glazed pork chops may change my tune.
8. Sneak apple goodness into this mac and cheese.
9. I love that this roasted salmon with apple cider glaze is high in omegas and also only requires 4 ingredients!
10. I totally want to try these baked apple donuts this weekend.
11. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to stop at one with these salted caramel apple cups.
12. Honeycrisp apple sangria, the perfect fall cocktail.
Image credits: apples via FreeDigitalPhotos.net; all others via linked sites above