Money is a hard topic for so many people. There’s fear, there’s baggage, there’s “what the heck is this financial martian speak?” In Episode 24 of Edit Your Life, I interview investment professional (and my college classmate!) Sandra Gilpatrick about how to edit your financial fears. We cover common stumbling blocks, the intersecting issue of fear and time, how to gain financial confidence, favorite financial literacy resources, the three top financial goals to focus on now, and how to find a financial adviser you actually like.
We’d love to hear which of our tips you’re putting into action. Tell us so we can issue you a high five!
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Sandra’s articles on: 4 ways to work towards financial security, how to start saving for college, how to teach kids to budget, and 5 ways to move past the stigma of wills to action
- Edit Your Life Episode 1: Conquering Procrastination
- Sandra’s budget worksheet; her website also has lots of articles, videos, calculators, and resources
- Certified Financial Planner Board: Sandra recommends this nonprofit site for educational resources (e.g., steps to financial confidence, publications) as well as offering a locator tool to help you find a financial professional
- FINRA: Another resource recommended by Sandra
- Investopedia: Offers a financial term of the day to help you learn something new each day
- The Economist (magazine subscription) + Sandra recommends the following interesting articles on: An hereditary meritocracy, America’s new aristocracy, and Anti-choice
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.
Sandra Gilpatrick’s compliance disclaimer: The opinions voiced in this material are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results. All indices are unmanaged and may not be invested into directly. Securities and Advisory services offered through LPL Financial, a registered investment advisor. Member FINRA/SIPC.
Image credits: thumbnail via Pixabay.com; Edit Your Life graphic by Christine Koh