Edit Your Life Episode 27: Modeling Imperfection
The notion of modeling behavior makes many parents feel like they’re in the perfection hot seat; that if they don’t act like paragons of humanity at all times, they’re setting their kids up for future therapy. In Episode 27 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I turn this idea upside down and discuss why embracing and modeling imperfection is a good thing and offer 8 tips for how to model imperfection, handle perfectionist kids, and use imperfect moments as communication levers.
Talk to us
We’d love to hear which of our tips you’re putting into action. Tell us so we can issue you a high five!
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Episode 21: Saying Yes To Saying No
- Christine’s unicorn cookies (+ her YouTube channel)
- Asha’s new book, Parent Hacks, with a free gift with purchase before 3/31!
- Beautiful Oops! by Barney Saltzberg
- Why kids can benefit from your bad days (because bad days are perfectly imperfect and normal)
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.