There are so many competing demands on your time -- work, the changing needs of your kids, household crap -- that it’s easy to give your all to everything else and leave your partner or spouse with the dregs. But they -- and you, quite frankly -- deserve more. In Episode 23 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I share 9 strategies for prioritizing your partner or spouse, getting you on the road to reconnection in as few as seven seconds!
And huge thanks to our sponsor! Today’s episode was brought to you by Date NightSM by Care.com. Date Night by Care.com is a mobile app that lets you book a sitter from Care.com’s extensive network of caregivers, make dinner reservations, and purchase movie tickets seamlessly in minutes all in one convenient app. Download the Date Night app now and plan your perfect Valentine’s Day -- or any night out, really! -- to connect with your partner.
Talk to us
We’d love to hear which of our tips you’re putting into action. Tell us so we can issue you a high five!
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Links mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- 6 Truths That Will Strengthen Your Marriage (Asha wrote this after her 21st anniversary!)
- How Parenting Changes Marriage (a Parent Hacks reader endorses John Gottman’s research and writing on the topic)
- Relationship Advice for Tired (But Well-Intentioned) Parents (roundup of relationship hacks)
- The Power of Compromise (it’s a key to relationships!)
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.
Image credits: thumbnail via Pixabay.com; Edit Your Life graphic by Christine Koh