Social calendar overwhelm is a common problem for many people, and the problem can grow as you get older and your social circle -- and family -- expands. In Episode 7 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I share 7 tips for how to juggle existing social commitments, including why it’s worth making room to explore new relationships, and why it’s perfectly OK to let old relationships drift. It's super easy to listen -- right here through this blog post or via an app on your device. Enjoy!
Here’s how to listen!
- Via the web. Hit the "play" button on the podcast player embedded below.
- Via an app. For iPhones and iPads, use the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict, or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for Edit Your Life. Benefit of using an app: once downloaded, you can listen to the show without an Internet connection.
If you're not seeing the Soundcloud player, you can listen to Episode 7 directly on Soundcloud.
And here are links to things/people/resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Kelsey - The Girl Next Door podcast (the listener who inspired this week’s episode!)
- Inside Out (hello, friendship islands)
- Edit Your Life Episode 6: Serendipity Space (listen to this episode to learn how create degrees of freedom in your schedule)
- Minimalist Parenting (in which we discuss calendar editing and finding your Goldilocks level of busy)
- Susan Cain of Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking (a book introverts and extroverts ought to read)
- West Elm (where Christine goes on dates with her friend Christina)
We want to hear from you!
Tell us how you effectively juggle social commitments! Share via your favorite social profile with the hashtag #EditYourLifeShow and let us give you a fist bump, or possibly a unicorn. You can also find us on the Edit Your Life Facebook page, or e-mail us at email@example.com. If you found our show helpful, we’d be so grateful if you’d leave a review on iTunes!
Interested in becoming an Edit Your Life episode sponsor?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle/parenting/productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss episode sponsorship, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Image credits: calendar thumbnail via Pixabay; Edit Your Life graphics by Christine Koh