Laurel has for sure inherited my obsession with all things gold. Her birthday wish list only included a handful of items, and most of them were pretty gold things from Paper Source. I love Paper Source -- I worked at the Cambridge location for a short stint while I was waiting for my postdoctoral funding to come through and it was such an awesome experience! Violet and I had fun shopping there for Laurel’s birthday; the wealth of gold gift options inspired this post.
There are a ton of gold items at Paper Source (just go to their website and type "gold" in the search!) but here are Laurel and my favorite picks:
1. Metallic washi tape ($16.95). There are about a million and one things you can do with washi tape and I bought this metallic collection for Laurel.
2. Gold pencil pouch ($12.95). This summer, Laurel ended up DIY’ing a pencil case out of some of my gold/white stripe oil cloth, but had she not, this Poppin pouch would have been a great pick.
3. Gold and white elephant scarf ($24.95). I have been eyeing this scarf for myself. (Note to loved ones: my birthday is next month.)
4. Mint and gold clutch ($36.95). Laurel’s favorite color combo is mint and gold and this clutch was tops on her birthday list (my sister bought it for her).
5. Gold star stickers ($4.95). Gold stars for everyone!
6. Lokta gold chevron paper ($6.95). Paper Source has a gorgeous collection of large flat sheet papers. The lokta collection is great for wrapping gifts and crafting; the texture of the paper makes it especially good for decoupage.
7. Gold foil confetti hang tags ($9.95). I want to hang these tags on everything.
8. Glitter mini banner ($9.95). I bought this mini banner as one of Laurel’s presents. She’s using it for room decor.
9. Gold confetti tumblers ($19.95). I don’t need more tumblers, but I want these.
10. Gold pattern pencils ($7.95). Violet picked out these pencils as her birthday gift to Laurel. All the cuteness.
11. Gold stripes thank you cards ($18.50). I’m a big believer in thank you cards when you can’t issue a thank you in person. These gold foil cards are awesome.
12. Gold stripe tote ($26.95). I need another tote like I need a hole in the head. On the other hand, maybe I need this gold stripe tote.
Image credits: All images sourced from Paper Source. Compilation image by Christine Koh.