Oh this weather has my brain geared towards GREEN! The temperature conjures images of new growth, just yesterday I saw fake grass peeking out from under a melting snow pile, and St. Patrick's Day (Vi's due date) is coming! For the next installment of Style on a Budget, I want to inspire you to infuse a little color into your wardrobe. Vibrant color can be daunting (it used to be for me!) but these picks allow for a range of experimentation.
Note: as I mentioned when I started this column, Style on a Budget represents both awesome bargain finds and also higher price point items worth budgeting for. Below you’ll see a range of prices with accompanying explanations.
1. This green ombre scarf ($14.95 at Catalog Favorites) would make a light and airy spring pick.
2. Studs are one of my accessories workhorses and what more do I need to say about these crazy amazing lawn party snail studs ($48 at Kate Spade)?
3. I love a loose billowy top (paired with leggings or skinny jeans) and this deva printed henley ($108 at Anthropologie) is more of an investment but would give you extra mileage given that you can dress it up for work or down when you’re off the clock.
4. Want to take baby steps into the world of green? Try these glitter knit socks ($5.95 at H&M).
5. It’s definitely worth investing in neutral workhorse bags (I have a few Kate Spades that anchor my bag collection) but if you’d like to experiment with color, this faux leather crossbody bag ($24.94 at Old Navy) is a cute pick.
7. When it comes to shoes, I will never, ever encourage you to buy cheap shoes. I’ve simply developed too many foot woes over the years from cheap shoes! Tieks are definitely an investment but they are worth it, and they are wondrous with color, such as these clover green Tieks ($175).
8. One of my favorites pairs of jeans is a pair of kelly green skinnies I bought at J. Crew a few years ago. Seriously, try a pair of brightly colored pants, such as these vibrant Tomkins skinny jeans (on sale for $64 at Ralph Lauren). They will make you instantly happy!
9. This striped jade skirt ($148 at Anthropologie) is definitely more of an investment piece and it’s just so stunning.
10. This flutter-sleeve top (on sale for $59.50 at J. Crew Factory) will look equally cute paired with a pencil skirt, trim pants, or a pair of your favorite jeans.
Image credits: all images sourced via links above