For the first installment of Style on a Budget, I'm addressing one of the easiest fashion amp-ups known to woman: the necklace. Why start here? Because by virtue of geography, necklaces are a focal point. In fact, as much as I love shoes I usually prioritize my necklace choice over shoes due to said geography reality. Also, necklaces can be very affordable. Today, I want to share 10 beautiful options, all under $50.
Now, in the course of acquiring many, many necklaces (my friend Jess dubbed me Queen of the Statement Necklace -- thanks, Jess!) I’ve learned that the true workhorses are the ones that are pretty and shiny but not so crazy that they are too obvious to wear repeatedly. So, I focused my round up on pieces that are bright and shiny, yet not too in your face so you can wear them again and again (because dollars per use matters when you’re due to buy, say, a case of diapers!). I also focused on gold tones because they go with all sorts of outfits and can instantly make your look appear more expensive and polished. HERE GOES!
1. There are some places you can get jewelry on the super cheap. Old Navy is one of those places but you can’t buy their jewelry online. H&M is another option, and this short floral necklace ($19.95) offers volume and sparkle in neutral tones.
2. I love pendant necklaces, and this geo horn tassel pendant from Bauble Bar (currently on sale for $25) is a total steal. The layers are awesome, as are the mixed elements. So chic.
3. A lot of my jewelry workhorses come from J. Crew Factory; this gold and crystal squares necklace (currently on sale for $29.50) is sparkly yet understated.
4. I’ve been on a bit of a geometric metals bender lately; I love this stacked half moon necklace (also from J. Crew Factory, and also currently on sale for $29.50).
5. I actually gasped a little when I saw this leather ladder necklace from LOFT ($34.50). I’m ordering it right after I publish this post. Such a great piece, casual or dressy.
6. If giant jeweled statement necklaces scare you, this personal edge collar necklace from Banana Republic (currently on sale for $37) is a great pick.
7. This seaworthy geo bib pendant from Urban Outfitters ($48) is another piece that would look awesome with casual or dressy outfits.
8. I love arrows and I simply adore Anthropologie’s archer’s arrow necklace ($48). This would be a great go-to daily piece.
10. Triangles are so pretty and modern. Stella & Dot’s Alexia necklace ($49) can be worn multiple ways and is available in gold or silver.
What are your favorite picks? And if you have budget fashion quandaries, send them my way at email@example.com.
Image credits: all product images via linked sources above; compilation image by Christine Koh