I find that green vegetables especially improve in flavor when they come in season and green beans are no exception. Green beans are in season in Massachusetts July and August and this week's Eat Seasonal feature includes 8 tasty ways to incorporate green beans into your meals, in some instances thinking outside the box -- even for breakfast and as a tart!.
1. These garlicky beet green and green bean egg sandwiches offer a new approach to breakfast or a light dinner.
2. A fresh and easy balsamic green bean salad.
3. A perfectly seasonal green bean summer salad.
4. Your kids will love munching on these crispy baked parmesan green bean “fries”.
5. Whoa. Bacon wrapped green beans.
6. Lighten up traditional green bean casserole with this dijon haricot vert recipe.
7. This green bean mushroom tart would be good vegetarian dinner fare.
Image credits: green beans via FreeDigitalPhotos.net; all others via linked sites above