One of my favorite things about summer is when beets come in season. I know there are some beet haters out there, and if you are in that camp, try fresh local ones -- they are a completely different animal! Beets are in season June through September in Masschusetts, come in a variety of gorgeous colors, and also happen to be super good for you. This week's Eat Seasonal feature offers 8 ways to enjoy beets through the day:
1. Start your day with a nutrient-rich beet smoothie.
2. This yummy beet salad comes via my sister Sharon and it is simply delicious.
3. Want to amp up your protein? Try this roasted beet and lentil salad.
5. I am totally making this beet, arugula, and goat cheese sandwich today. YUM.
6. And maybe I’ll have some beet chips alongside my beet, arugula, and goat cheese sandwich.
Image credits: strawberries via FreeDigitalPhotos.net; all others via linked sites above