Hey, so apparently tomorrow (October 18) is Chocolate Cupcake Day. I don’t know who makes up these random holidays but I'm on board, are you? I love chocolate. I love cupcakes. I love cute little wrappers. I love piping bags. So in honor of this delicious random holiday, I assembled a collection of 12 chocolate cupcake recipes via Pinterest. Now, to decide, which recipe to try first?
1. For those avoiding gluten: flourless chocolate gluten-free cupcakes with chocolate cream cheese frosting.
2. For those avoiding gluten + animal products: gluten-free vegan chocolate cupcakes.
3. Also gluten-free + nostalgic for me (I ate a disturbing number of Hostess cupcakes in my youth): gluten-free "Hostess" vanilla-creme filled chocolate cupcakes.
4. I can never say no to this flavor marriage: peanut butter chocolate cupcakes.
5. Mmmm, coconut: chocolate cupcakes with coconut buttercream frosting.
6. For those who like a little savory with their sweet: bacon chocolate cupcakes.
7. Ever the crowd pleaser: chocolate cupcakes with nutella frosting.
8. Go big or go home this season: pumpkin pie stuffed chocolate cupcakes.
9. Classic pairing: mint chocolate cupcakes.
10. Feel less guilty by adding fruit: lemon raspberry chocolate cupcakes.
11. Different and fancy: pear and white chocolate cupcakes.
12. You had me at salted caramel: eggless chocolate cupcakes with salted caramel frosting.
Image credits: cupcake images via Pinterest; compilation graphic by Christine Koh