Edit Your Life Episode 85: Navigating Summer Schedules [Rebroadcast]
It’s June, which means summer break is fast approaching (or already here for some of you!). If you haven’t mapped out your entire summer yet, don’t panic! In Episode 85 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I rebroadcast 10 tips for navigating summer schedules and also provide an update on how our summers are shaping up (or, in my case, NOT shaping up) as well as a fresh round of Your Next Edits regarding summer schedules.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- Listener cookbook recommendations inspired by our Teaching Kids To Cook episode: Marion Cunningham's Cooking with Children (a non-cutesy cookbook for kids) + Lucinda Scala Quinn’s Mad Hungry: Feeding Men and Boys
- Our appearance on NPR’s “Tell Me More” discussing summer overscheduling
- The relaxed parent’s guide to summer vacation (Asha wrote this article for The Week)
- Create a Possibilities calendar for stuff you might like to do this summer
- Motivate struggling readers with joke books, comics and other “junky” reads
- Hyperlocal sites like Boston Mamas (check out regular event features such as the Weekly Blueprint and Weekend Roundup)
- Edit Your Life Episode 26: How To Get Kids To Do Chores
- Tips for finding math moments in everyday
- Tips for raising avid readers
- Edit Your Life Episode 13: interview with Amy Mascott about Raising Rock Star Readers (Guilt-Free!)
Question Of The Week
What’s your best tip for simplifying summer scheduling? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post)!
Get In Touch
- Email us at email@example.com
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.