Edit Your Life Episode 47: Helping Kids Through The Election Season
Anyone who has been on the Internet recently has felt how polarizing the current election is. And the reality is, this election isn’t just about 4 or 8 years; it will have a psychological effect on an entire generation. Yes, there’s the historic nomination of a woman for president and there are many issues and philosophies to consider, but what happens when kids grow up hearing constant messaging around fear, mistrust, and divisiveness versus growing up in a culture of compassion and hope? In Episode 47 Asha and I talk about what we can do during this election season to both communicate with our kids about what’s happening, and to create some boundaries around the fear and anxiety this may be causing them.
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Michelle Obama’s speech at the Democratic National Convention (YouTube)
- “Trump” as Anti-Latino Epithet: Ugly Incidents at High School Games (CNN)
- “You Were Born in a Taco Bell” - Trump’s Rhetoric Fuels School Bullies Across the US (The Guardian)
- SPLS Survey: Presidential Campaign Leading to Widespread Fear, Bullying In School (Southern Poverty Law Service)
- Christine’s experience at the MDA Summer Camps
- REGISTER TO VOTE!
- Minimalist Parenting
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.