Edit Your Life Episode 8: Finding Your Fringe Hours
The task of finding time for yourself can seem daunting, particularly when it can be challenging to -- well -- pee without the company of your children. One of the keys to shifting your perspective and daily experience is to find your fringe hours. In Episode 8 of Edit Your Life, I interview Jessica Turner about how to edit guilt and comparison out of your life, the elusive struggle for balance, why it’s hard to ask for help (and how to get over that!), and mindreading (or lack thereof) -- all to the effect of making room for the things in life that bring you joy.
It's super easy to listen right through this blog post or via an app on your device. Here's how!
- Via the web. Hit the "play" button on the podcast player embedded below.
- Via an app. For iPhones and iPads, use the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict, or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for Edit Your Life. Benefit of using an app: once downloaded, you can listen to the show without an Internet connection.
If you're not seeing the Soundcloud player, you can listen to Episode 8 directly on Soundcloud.
And here are links to things/people/resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- The Fringe Hours (Jessica’s book)
- The Mom Creative (Jessica’s lifestyle/parenting website)
- Minimalist Parenting (there are crazy good parallels between MP and the Fringe Hours)
- Edit Your Life Episode 6: Serendipity Space (re: say no to something you’re MEH about to leave room for something you’re YAY! about)
- The Fringe Hours time tracker (use this free printable to identify where your potential fringe hours are)
- The yummiest banana chocolate chip cake (Jessica is totally going to eat this once she finishes Whole 30)
We want to hear from you!
Tell us how what you’ll enjoy doing during your fringe hours! Share via your favorite social profile with the hashtag #EditYourLifeShow and let us give you a fist bump, or possibly a unicorn. You can also find us on the Edit Your Life Facebook page, or e-mail us at email@example.com. If you found our show helpful, we’d be so grateful if you’d leave a review on iTunes!
Interested in becoming an Edit Your Life episode sponsor?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle/parenting/productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss episode sponsorship, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Image credits: thumbnail via Pixabay; Edit Your Life graphics by Christine Koh