Edit Your Life Episode 10: How to Handle Homework
Now that the school year and fall activities are underway, homework is starting to build up. Do you have a homework battlefield on your hands? Are you trying to figure out how to get your kids into a routine? Are you wondering if you should just stay out of the way let your kids figure it out on their own? Or are you wondering whether to be a rebel and just throw homework out the window? In Episode 10 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I share 10 tips on how to handle homework.
It's super easy to listen right through this blog post or via an app on your device. Here's how!
- Via the web. Hit the "play" button on the podcast player embedded below.
- Via an app. For iPhones and iPads, use the purple Podcasts app. For Android devices, use the Stitcher, Podcast Addict, or Pocket Casts apps. In all cases, launch the app, then search for Edit Your Life. Benefit of using an app: once downloaded, you can listen to the show without an Internet connection.
If you're not seeing the Soundcloud player, you can listen to Episode 10 directly on Soundcloud.
And here are links to things/people/resources we mentioned during the podcast:
- Minimalist Parenting
- Homework is the worst (via Heather Spohr of The Spohrs are Multiplying)
- Edit Your Life Episode Episode 4: School Lunch Solutions
- Edit Your Life Episode Episode 6: Serendipity Space
- How to help kids develop homework routines (via Boston Mamas)
- A bunch of homework tips (via Parent Hacks)
- The Gift of Failure by Jessica Lahey
- How To Raise an Adult by Julie Lythcott-Haims
- NYT Opinion: Should parents help their children with homework? (Food for thought)
- Le Pen (Christine’s favorite pens; the happy colors totally make her more productive!)
- Wunderlist (to-do app)
We want to hear from you!
Share your most effective homework strategies via your favorite social profile with the hashtag #EditYourLifeShow and let us give you a fist bump, or possibly a unicorn. You can also find us on the Edit Your Life Facebook page, or e-mail us at email@example.com. If you found our show helpful, we’d be so grateful if you’d leave a review on iTunes!
Interested in becoming an Edit Your Life episode sponsor?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle/parenting/productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss episode sponsorship, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!