Meals Made Easy: Coconut Lime Cod with Spinach & Oranges
Raise your hand if you want something that's easy and yummy to knock together for dinner tonight. Yeah, me too! Today, Jules (also of In The Kitchen Catering & Food Delivery shares the next installment in our Meals Made Easy series. Enjoy this simple and delicious recipe for coconut lime cod with sautéed spinach and oranges (and be sure to try these zucchini, ricotta & tomato frittata, roasted shrimp with veggies and balsamic orange chicken recipes too!):
Coconut Lime Cod with Spinach & Oranges
This is the perfect example of how the use of a few bold ingredients is all you need for a healthy meal that packs a punch. This recipe is fast and easy, and many of you will find that these ingredients are ones that you already have in the house. Enjoy!
- Zest of 3 limes
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, split
- Salt and pepper
- 4 cod fillets
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced VERY thin. Soak these in an ice water bath until ready for use (pat try before warming)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 small oranges, peeled, segmented, and refrigerated
- One jalapeno (optional)
1. In a bowl, combine lime zest, garlic, half of coconut oil, salt and pepper. Coat cod liberally with mixture.
2. Heat a large frying pan on medium/high. Place cod fillets in pan and sear both sides of fillets until crisp and cooked through.
3. In another bowl, create a vinaigrette with remaining coconut oil, lime juice, salt and pepper (to taste). Toss spinach and red onions with vinaigrette and sauté very quickly, just until warm. To finish, top each cod piece with some of the spinach and the (cold) orange segments.
4. Optional: This dish is terrific garnished with frizzled jalapeno slices. To frizzle: slice one jalepeno into very thin slices. Fry slices gently in a sauté pan heated with oil until crisp and brown. Salt upon removal from the pan.
Image credit: Jules Rosenthal