14 Strawberry Festivals in Massachusetts
Hooray, strawberry season is here! Check out this roundup of 14 upcoming festivals where you can get your strawberry fill!
Weekend of June 10-11
1. Stop by the Gloucester Strawberry Festival for a farmer’s market, bouncy house, pony rides, face painting, live music, beer tastings, and of course, strawberries.
2. Bowls and bowls of fresh strawberries, whipped cream, and piles of shortcakes, along with more than 60 fine artisans, children’s games, and live music await at the 49th Annual Topsfield Strawberry Festival.
Weekend of June 17-18
3. The Braintree Farmers’ Market Strawberry Festival offers strawberries galore, delicious strawberry shortcakes, and innovative strawberry offerings from market vendors.
4. Rock out with the Boston Rockabilly Band and try the jumping pillow, hayrides, pony rides, cow train, duck races, or pedal carts at Connors Farm’s Strawberry Festival in Danvers. Plus, chow down on BBQ, strawberry shortcake, and chocolate dipped strawberries, then take home lots of strawberries from the PYO field.
5. Join Strawberry Picking Day at Drumlin Farm in Lincoln for fun activities and events celebrating the strawberry harvest. Dig in the dirt with farm staff, meet some berry-loving animals, and pick strawberries to take home.
6. Enjoy a full day of family fun and outdoor activities at Marini Farm’s Strawberry Festival in Ipswich. The festivities include an inflatable park, games, and of course, juicy strawberry shortcake.
7. It’s the first weekend of hayrides, games, crafts, live entertainment, strawberry shortcake, chocolate dipped strawberries, and, of course, PYO strawberries at Lanni Orchards Strawberry Festival in Lunenburg.
8. Smolak Farms in North Andover hosts its annual Strawberry Festival. This year’s lineup of fun kids’ activities includes a bouncy house, super slide, cow train, face painting, hayrides, animals, and the chance to plant a strawberries. They’ll also offer a plethora of strawberry treats - from sundaes, frappes, and sorbets, to pies, biscuits, and even strawberry glazed doughnuts. And of course, the pick-your-own field will be open.
Weekend of June 24-25
9. The Bourne Aptucxet Museum’s Annual Strawberry Festival features strawberry shortcakes made with homemade biscuits and freshly whipped cream plus an antique model car show.
10. Concord’s Verrill Farm offers its annual Strawberry Festival with PYO strawberries, delicious strawberry shortcake, food, pony rides, a strawberry dessert contest, and live folk music.
11. The Russell Orchards Strawberry Festival in Ipswich celebrates its sweet harvest in true farm fashion with hayrides, pony rides, strawberry picking, live folk music, face painting, and real homemade strawberry shortcake. Watch cooking demonstrations and sample tons of tasty treats, including strawberry wine sangria and other fruit wines.
12. Celebrate the start of summer with fun games and activities at the Wilson Farm Strawberry Festival in Lexington. Partake in face painting, temporary tattoos, a strawberry-chocolate dipping station, strawberry-based samples, and a shortcake eating contest.
13. It’s the final weekend of hayrides, games, crafts, live entertainment, strawberry shortcake, chocolate dipped strawberries, and, of course, PYO strawberries at Lanni Orchards Strawberry Festival in Lunenburg.
14. Feast on strawberry shortcake, shop from local artisans, and kick back to enjoy live entertainment during Westford’s Annual Strawberry ‘N Arts Festival.