Produce is always most awesome in season but blueberries are especially glorious in the summer -- sweet, plump, and bursting with flavor. Following the strawberry festival and picking posts from last month, I thought it would be fun to share upcoming blueberry events + 25 (!) places in Massachusetts where you can enjoy pick your own opportunities. Your blueberry haul will serve any of these 10 blueberry recipes well -- happy eating and picking!
Upcoming Blueberry Events
1. July 18. Connors Farm (Danvers) offers blueberry picking and a Blueberry and Raspberry Festival in one spot. This event features live music, barbecue, hayrides, blueberry and raspberry desserts, farm animals, duck races, pedal carts, and more.
2. July 18. Enjoy a blueberry pancake breakfast and pie eating contest at Verrill Farm (Concord), as well as hayrides and music by the Yankee Stompers.
3. August 8. Blueberry Day at Green Briar Nature Center & Jam Kitchen (East Sandwich) features a jam making demonstration and dessert. Admission is free.
25 Pick Your Own Blueberry Opportunities!
The following spots feature pick your own blueberry opportunities. Be sure to call in advance to check picking conditions and hours.
1. Connors Farm (Danvers)
2. C.N. Smith Farm, Inc. (East Bridgewater)
3. Hanson Farm (Framingham)
4. Gianetti’s U-Pick Blueberries (Franklin)
5. The Blueberry Farm (Hanson)
6. Doe Orchards (Harvard)
7. Turkey Hill Farm (Haverhill)
8. Patt's Blueberries (Holliston)
9. Russell Orchards & Winery (Ipswich)
10. Vandervalk Farm & Winery (Mendon)
11. Tangerini's Spring Street Farm (Millis)
12. Bogastow Farm (Millis)
13. Boston Hill Farm (North Andover)
14. Smolak Farms (North Andover)
15. Tougas Family Farm (Northboro)
16. Brooksby Farm (Peabody)
17. Tree-Berry Farm (Scituate)
18. Ward's Berry Farm (Sharon)
19. Green Meadows Farm (South Hamilton)
20. George Hill Orchards (South Lancaster)
21. Blue Meadow Farm (Sudbury)
22. Carver Hill Orchards (Stow)
23. Honey Pot Hill Orchard (Stow)
24. Parlee Farms (Tyngsboro)
25. Billingsgate Farm (West Bridgewater)
Image credits: Pixabay