Boston-Area Free Summer Fun Series Roundup!
I am more than happy to pay for quality things, but it's also pretty undeniably awesome when quality things are FREE! Enter, this fine state of Massachusetts, which knows well that when it's not buried under 100 feet of snow, it's time to celebrate with awesome programming. We've rounded 18 places that are offering free entertainment all summer long in Boston and beyond. Did we miss something? Feel free to share in the comments below!
1. Highland Street Free Fun Fridays. Enjoy free entry to various cultural attractions all over the Bay State every Friday this summer. (Multiple locations across Massachusetts)
2. Payson Park Music Festival. The park hosts evening musical programs and daytime children’s concerts. (Belmont)
3. Lawn on D. Take in weekly live music and art installations downtown. (Boston)
4. Summer in the City. Enjoy themed concerts and movies are shown at the Boston Harbor Hotel. (Boston)
5. Free Friday Flicks. The Hatch Shell is the location for this classic free movie series, featuring free food samples, games, and giveaways. (Boston)
6. Faneuil Hall Summer Events. A variety of activities like art classes, story telling, puppet shows, classical music and more are presented all summer long. (Boston)
7. Summer Concerts at the Greenway Sessions. Berklee students perform at the Rose Kennedy Greenway. (Boston)
8. Landmarks Orchestra. An incredible variety of live musical performances takes place at the Hatch Shell.
9. Prudential Center Movie Series. Saturday night movies are shown under the stars. (Boston)
10. Liberty Hotel. Enjoy movies with free popcorn, gallery nights, drinks with your furry friends, and an interactive fashion show. (Boston)
11. Summer Jazz Concerts. Take a ferry and enjoy Berklee students’ performances. (Boston)
12. Concerts in the Courtyard. Enjoy outdoor concerts all summer long at the Boston Public Library. (Boston)
13. Museum of Science. Kids can enjoy educational program all summer long thanks to a partnership between the MOS and the Boston Public Library. (Boston - multiple locations)
14. Sunday Parkland Games. Make Sunday a fun day with recreational and play activities at the park. (Cambridge)
15. Cambridge Arts Summer in the City. Music, dance, storytelling, theatre, puppetry, movies and more are featured in Cambridge's lineup. (Cambridge)
16. Annual Summer Music Series. This weekly music series presents kid-friendly performances by day, acoustic music in the evening. (Chestnut Hill)
17. Assembly Row Series. Take in a variety of acoustic performances at the hip new Row. (Somerville)
18. Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park Movie Series. Enjoy a movie night by the Mystic River. (Somerville)
Image Credit: guitar via Pixabay