Who else is loving this fall? The weather has been utterly perfect and it's been so fun to get lost in hay mazes and gorge on fresh apple cider donuts! And there have been so many fall-inspired events in the Weekly Blueprints and Weekend Roundups that I felt that a separate pull out feature on fall festivals was warranted. Here are 13 upcoming fall festivals through the end of October. Enjoy, and stay tuned for a special Halloween feature next week!
1. October 16: Fall Festival at Boston Children's Museum (Boston). A bicycle-powered cider press, creative fun, and live music are some highlights of this special event.
2. October 17: Harvest Festival at Verrill Farm (Concord). Many activities -- including hay rides and pony rides, a cupcake walk game, baseball speed pitch, crafts, and live music -- means fun for the whole family.
3. October 17: Daniel Webster Farm Day at Daniel Webster Wildlife Sanctuary (Marshfield). Enjoy hay mazes and hayrides, farm animals and live owl programs, a caterpillar lab, and so much more at this celebration of fall farm fun.
4. October 17: Frog Pond Pumpkin Festival (Boston). With a costume parade, magic tricks, floating pumpkins and luminaries, this is sure to be a gorgeous evening.
5. October 17-18: Fun on the Farm at Hollis Hills Farm (Fitchburg). Enjoy "touch a tractor" opportunities, pumpkin painting, apple chucking, along with cider, sausages, and more.
6. October 17-18: Harvest Fair (Newton). This festival features live entertainment, free pumpkin decorating, craft vendors, and delicious food in the Newton Center Green.
7. October 17-18: The Annual Harvest Festival on the Town Common (Sturbridge). This great festival includes crafters, artisans, food vendors, and food fresh from the farm. There's also a scarecrow contest.
8. October 18: Ward's Fall Festival at Ward Reservation (Andover). Some of the fun at this festival includes kite making & flying and yard games, hot dogs and s'mores by the fire.
9. October 18: Games and Cider! at the Bradley Estate (Canton). There are animals to see, pumpkins to carve, and organic cider to enjoy during this fun afternoon.
10. October 18: Fall Festival at Nobles Day Camp (Dedham). This festival features a petting zoo, bouncy house and slide, cider and munchkins, face painting, crafts, and so much more.
11. October 18: Monster Mashed-Up (Somerville). A skateboarding extravaganza, henna art, a rock climbing wall, and a bouncy house are only some of the highlights of this festival.
12. October 24: Harvest Hoopla at Powers Farm (Randolph). Free boat rentals, a bounce house, craft beer samplings, games and activities for children, and pony rides are highlights of this festival celebrating the season.
13. October 24: 12th Annual Great Pumpkin Fest at the Ecotarium (Worcester). Presenting themed science programs, free planetarium shows, entertainment, and more than 1,000 carved pumpkins, this science-themed event is a unique way to celebrate the season.
Image credit: Pixabay