Minimalist Holidays: 10 Easy DIY Food Gifts
I love giving and receiving food gifts. They represent something made with love. They negate clutter. They're yummy in the tummy. And they can be ridiculously easy to make, which means you can also involve your kids in the process. As part of Asha and my Minimalist Holidays series (be sure to click over and check out the other great posts!), today I'm sharing 10 easy DIY food gifts. They're perfect for spreading thoughtful holiday cheer while not laying too heavily into your time or wallet.
1. This yummy looking chocolate bark from Savory Sweet Life only requires two ingredients. Sweet!
2. This magic salt recipe is absurdly easy and people go bonkers over it every time I make it.
3. This homemade nutella from A Southern Fairytale only requires 6 ingredients and a food processor.
4. This all purpose spice rub is 6-7 ingredients (cayenne optional) and takes mere minutes to assemble.
5. For something a little healthier (and a fun layering project for kids!), present this friendship soup in a jar (via All Recipes).
6. Continuing the jar theme from All Recipes, you might want to gift this just because it's called Cranberry Hootycreeks. If you'd prefer assembling less ingredients, try these chocolate chip cookies.
7. This chocolate chunk hot cocoa from Real Simple is simple yet special feeling.
8. These peppermint marshmallows from Petit Elefant are so festive! Package them as Allison did with instant hot chocolate. Or with #7 above.
10. I hadn't heard of White Christmas until Sharon at Umommy shared it with me. Four ingredients culminate in a new addiction, apparently!
This post is part of Minimalist Holidays, a series inspired by the idea that you can enjoy the holidays more when you do less. Between now and the end of the year, coauthor Asha Dornfest and I will share ideas for simplifying the holidays so you can focus on what's important: enjoying the season with your family. Visit the Minimalist Holidays page for links to the entire series. And sign up for our mailing list!