Edit Your Life Episode 108: New Year Food Reset
High fives to our episode sponsor PRANA, a family-owned Canadian purveyor of yummy 100% organic, vegan, kosher, gluten-free, and non-GMO snacks. PRANA just launched in Boston at Stop & Shop, Star Market, Shaw’s, Good Health Natural Foods, Basha’s Natural Marketplace, Your Health Matter, and Living Earth so look for them on your next grocery store run!
It’s a new year -- a time when we’re often hard on ourselves when it comes to goals of all stripes, including food and exercise. But it doesn’t have to be that way. In Episode 107 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I shift the framing of new year goals to positive changes you choose rather than failures to correct. We go on to offer 8 positive, doable, guilt-free tips for resetting your eating habits after the holidays.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- The crazy buche de noel Christine made for her French brother-in-law
- The energy balls Christine gifted for the holidays (give the gift of gut health all year long...ha)
- PRANA snacks in a blizzard!
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Tips for healthier eating (without driving yourself crazy) (Christine’s Facebook Live with a nutritionist from Tufts Medical Center)
- Edit Your Life Episode 14: Weekday Dinner Solutions
- Edit Your Life Episode 80: Teaching Kids To Cook
- Asha’s favorite cookbooks for the moment (great for inspiring new meal choices): Sheet Pan Suppers, Indian Instant Pot Cookbook
- The Martha Stewart baked artichoke dip that is helping Christine eat a ton of raw veggies
- Stash’s Licorice Spice tea is Asha’s favorite
- The Nalgene bottle Christine keeps by her side all day
- SodaStream (make carbonated water at home)
- Edit Your Life Episode 43: Our Favorite Wellness Apps
- Edit Your Life Episode 39: Solving Common Fitness Pitfalls
- 9 tips for exercising in cold weather
- 8 simple ways to improve workplace wellness
- Nike+ Training Club app
- 8 things to know about cleanses + detoxes
- 10 ridiculously comfortable pants + jeans (non-maternity elastic waist jeans FTW!)
Question Of The Week
What is your go-to quick and healthy dinner? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.