10 Tips For Starting/Evolving Your Business
Since leaving my career as a music and brain neuroscientist 11 years ago, I have launched several businesses and projects (blog, design firm, book, podcast, apparel/accessories collection, consulting) and subsequently get asked A LOT about best practices! Given that Sunday (July 9) was this blog's 11th anniversary (!) I thought it would be fun to share some key tips for those looking to start or expand their businesses.
Also, OMG sorry about the orientation problem at the beginning - I do resolve it a few minutes in!
Stuff I mentioned during the livestream
- My book, podcast + apparel businesses and consulting team
- Smuggler’s Notch
- Aging lady problems broadcast
- Summer bucket list broadcast (I just finished This Is The Story of A Happy Marriage and The Handmaid’s Tale + the cake I made this weekend!)
- Boston Central (a calendar site for Boston families)
- How I Built This podcast interview with Kate + Andy Spade
- Canva (simple graphic design tool)
- Vera Sweeney + Audrey McClelland
- Why I’ll Never Have The Most Followers (via Medium)
- Type-A Parent Conference
- Laura Mayes of BE Conference and Mom 2.0 Summit