Make Your Home Awesome: 10 Ways To Improve Your Outdoor Space
Today, Paige of Tess & Ted Interiors picks up her Make Your Home Awesome series with great outdoor space tips:
We're almost halfway through August but given that the good weather tends to extend into October, there's plenty of time and reason to improve and enjoy your outdoor space. Added bonus of sprucing later in the summer season? Many stores are offering deep discounts on outdoor furniture and accessories and tax-free weekend is this weekend! Here are 10 ways to make your outdoor space totally awesome.
1. RELAX. Swap the standard-issue hammock for a super cozy Yogibo Fly. This sling chair is a perfect fit for one grownup or two littles. Earlier this summer, we visited friends who had one, and I couldn’t get my kids out of it the whole weekend. Don’t have a tree to hang from? Yogibo also offers a sturdy stand.
2 - 4. HAVE FUN. Go old school by adding some sweet lawn games to your backyard, front yard, or driveway. Challenge the neighborhood to a round robin of paddle ball or a cornhole tourney. Or do yourself a favor and get the Slackers Slackline. Yet another example of simple is best…string up two lines between trees and let your kids play for HOURS.
5. BE COOL. Sunny yard? Escape the rays under an elegant Lovin’ Summer Tent. It will be the coolest fort (or lawn cabana) on the block.
6 - 7. STAY WARM. When the temperature drops, here are two great options to stay warm. Gather around an outdoor fire pit via the Carswell from Crate & Barrel (I also love the basic Copper from Frontgate and locally made Corona from Fancy Fire Pit). Or wrap yourself in a blanket like the Mehari from fashionABLE (or the Italian Herringbone Throw from Lands Down Under).
8. GET LOUD. For times when the built-in speaker on your phone just won’t cut it, hook up wirelessly to a Jawbone Mini Jambox or a JBL Clip to deliver powerful sound from a tiny, portable package ($87.95 and $38.75 from Amazon).
9. GET LIT. So, yes, string lights are EVERYWHERE, but you can’t beat them for making the outdoors feel festive. Instead of white lights, customize strands from Bright Lab Lights with your favorite colors. These lights aren’t waterproof, so be sure to bring them inside when you turn in for the night!
10. BE PREPARED. For me, the best part of summer is those last minute gatherings of friends and family. So make like a Boy Scout and BE PREPARED. Keep your pantry and fridge filled with easy noshes and drinks (chips, salsa, watermelon, prosecco, lemonade) and a handled tray filled with entertaining essentials (acrylic cups, melamine plates, napkins, flatware). My let-me-entertain-you tray is this lovely antique pewter basket. The deep sides keep stacked cups from falling over, and it’s hefty enough to haul everything I need.
Image credits: all images via linked sources above