10 Clever Advent Calendars
Today, contributing writer Rene shares a roundup of 10 clever advent calendars:
It's the most wonderful time of year, once again. A great way to jump-start the holiday spirit is with an advent calendar. Here are some clever options you can DIY, or a couple you can buy (because let's face it, sometimes crafty aspirations have to fly out the window). Count down the days with tiny treats or activity ideas (see #5).
1. Paper bags are surprisingly chic on this large-scale calendar (shown above).
2. You might already have the clothespins, bakers twine, and envelopes on hand to make this adorable silhouette advent calendar.
3. Free printable + muffin tin = lighting quick advent calendar! This is a great one to get kids to help out with, too.
4. A stash of old matchboxes (or any similarly sized box) can be easily transformed into a tree-shaped advent calendar.
5. This easy sock advent calendar is practical (who doesn’t need more socks?) and focuses on family togetherness time.
6. This modern and chic printable advent calendar is super stylish. And only $3!
7. Grey and white with pops of red keep this boxed advent calendar modern and sleek.
8. This pretty DIY advent calendar makes brilliant use of toilet paper rolls.
9. We also love this clever toilet paper roll house advent calendar.
10. Keep it super simple yet beautiful with this envelope advent calendar.
*Editor's Note: And allow me to also add an 11th option, the lovely (and EASY!) DIY origami advent calendar I made with my 9-year-old this year!
Image credits: all images via linked sources above.