Edit Your Life Episode 112: Cookbooks We Love
In a recent episode, we suggested revisiting your cookbooks as a way to reset your dinnertime routines. The resulting listener conversation after that episode was so lively and animated...clearly, we’re not the only ones would could use some inspiration in the kitchen. So we decided to devote more episodes to talking about food!
In Episode 112 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I share 7 cookbooks we’re loving right now. Our recommendations span new cookbooks to old classics, entrees to desserts, plus an Indian cookbook that reminds Asha of the food she grew up with. Listen, then head straight to the bookstore, library, or your own shelf of cookbooks!
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Sheet Pan Suppers by Molly Gilbert (check out Chicken Jerome recipe)
- How To Cook Everything by Mark Bittman
- How To Cook Everything app for iPhone, iPad and Windows
- Indian Instant Pot Cookbook by Urvashi Pitre
- Baking Illustrated by Cook’s Illustrated Editors
- Good & Cheap by Leanne Brown
- Leanne makes the PDF of Good & Cheap available for free in English and Spanish
- American Bistro by Diane Rossen Worthington
- Make It Easy by Stacie Billis
- Related episode: Episode 14: Weekday Dinner Solutions
- Related episode: Episode 59: Relaxed Entertaining
- Related episode: Episode 80: Teaching Kids To Cook
- Related episode: Episode 108: New Year Food Reset
- The Question of the Week that inspired this episode
- Christine cake instagrams inspired by the Martha Stewart Cakes book (that she clearly took frequently out of the library): whopper cake, devil’s food cake with fluffy cloud frosting, lemon meringue cake, simple vanilla cake, chiffon cake with whipped cream and strawberries, buttermilk cake with rich chocolate frosting
Question Of The Week
What cookbook are YOU into right now? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here’s a complete listing of every episode.