Edit Your Life Episode 61: Negotiating Time in Relationships
One common complaint in relationships is that things get very transactional and loaded -- particularly as it relates to negotiating time. In Episode 61, Asha and I respond to a listener letter and share 7 tips for how to get past feeling bad for taking time for yourself or feeling that you owe something in return, while also improving your communication strategy and treatment of one another.
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at email@example.com
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Parent Hacks
- Edit Your Life Episode 28: Learning To Compromise Well
- Episode 58: Improving Relationship Communication
- Edit Your Life Episode 8: Finding Your Fringe Hours
- Edit Your Life Episode 38: Prioritizing “Me” Time
- A Warm Fuzzy Tale by Claude Steiner (that children’s book Asha mentioned)
- How parenthood changes marriage: Gottman’s “And Baby Makes Three” (Parent Hacks reader book recommendation)
- 6 Truths that will Strengthen Your Marriage (Asha wrote this on her 21st anniversary)
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.