Hey Internet, Keep Being Awesome
Happy Saturday everyone, I hope you’re having a great weekend. Today we’re finishing up celebrating Violet’s fourth birthday with a playdate with a couple of her friends from school. Man, I wish I had realized earlier on with Laurel how awesome small friend birthday gatherings are! Anyway, better late than never! Meanwhile, lots of interesting content around the web...enjoy this week’s edition of Hey Internet, Keep Being Awesome:
- Why I’m a public-school teacher but a private-school parent.
- The ghost children in the wake of China’s one-child law.
- Why are white people expats when the rest of us are immigrants?
- Gender equality bake sale causes stir at Utah high school.
- A doctor discovers an important question patients should be asked.
- Why children need chores.
- And also, the four-part chore solution.
- My talented friend Gabrielle is coming to Boston as part of her book tour!
- Why the 9 to 5 life is hard for creative people.
- I couldn’t afford to lean in.
- Social media’s small, positive role in human relationships.
- How much (or little) the middle class makes in 30 U.S. cities.
Image credit: triple layer hot chocolate cake via Pinterest