Hey Internet, Keep Being Awesome
Happy Saturday everyone, I hope you're enjoying a lovely weekend. My emotions have been all over the map, what with everything going on in U.S., juxtaposed against the joy and crazy of everyday in front of me. This roundup reflects some of that juxtaposition. Also, check out this roundup of 55 weekend events, 25 places to see Santa, and the latest Edit Your Life podcast episode on guilt-free family get-togethers. See you back here on Monday.
- How cool is it that local 6th grader Avan Shah has written a book and is donating all proceeds to benefit other Indian students?
- My friends Kristen and Liz of Cool Mom Picks share great resources for how to not lose hope -- and take action regarding -- unnecessary gun violence.
- I cried when I read this incredible story of kindness (actually, multifaceted kindess) emerging from the tragedy of 9/11.
- 23 gifts for people who love unicorns.
- On dual (duel) parenting, from my talented and thoughtful friend Erin Loechner of Design for Mankind.
- My friend Sarah James of Whoorl shares her AM and PM green skincare routine.
- This episode from The Mom Hour on reframing the notion of simplicity and the holidays was so interesting to me!
- OMG this 98 year old couple and their photos. GAH! All the tears!
- Do you have a nanny or sitter that works 16+ hours a week? I just learned about a free site called InHouse Agreements that helps you create nanny contracts (in light of the Mass. Bill of Rights requiring contracts for domestic workers).
Image credit: DIY orange coconut scrub via Pinterest