Edit Your Life Episode 99: Favorite Productivity Apps
Big ups to our episode sponsor, Charles River Aquatics. Charles River Aquatics is New England's premier place for swim lessons, offering lessons for infants, children, teens, and adults, as well as a USA Swimming affiliated club team & Masters swim team.
With the right apps on board, you can offset your smartphone’s tendency to distract by turning it into a powerhouse productivity tool. In Episode 99 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I share 19 apps that will help you work, live, and even grocery shop more efficiently. We crowdsourced this app collection with the help of our most productive Internet friends, all of whom are busy enough that they’ll only make time (and room on their phones) for apps that really do their jobs well. The biggest surprise? Some of the most productive people use the simplest apps.
Resources mentioned in this episode
Our productivity experts:
- Amy Allen Clark of MomAdvice.com
- Gabrielle Blair of DesignMom.com
- Stacey Ferguson of Blogalicious and JusticeFergie.com
- Charlie Capen of HowToBeADad.com
- Ana Flores of WeAllGrow Latina Network
- Maggie Mason of MightyGirl.com
- Morra Aarons-Mele of Women Online
- Todoist to-do list app
- Out Of Milk grocery list app (Android only)
- Alexa app paired with the Amazon Echo device
- Google Docs (collaborative document tool)
- Google Sheets (collaborative spreadsheet tool)
- Google Calendar
- iOS Reminders (comes with the iPhone)
- Cozi family organizer
- Overcast podcast player (iOS only)
- Grocery IQ grocery list app
- GroupMe group texting
- Basecamp project management app
- 15Five.com (internal company culture tool)
- Calm app (mindfulness break app)
- Unstuck (digital coaching tool)
- InfusionSoft (email marketing)
- Things to-do list app (iOS and MacOS only)
- Gratitude 365 (iOS only)
- Pomodoro Technique (time structure system Morra swears by)
- Related episode: Episode 96: Downgrading Your Life
- Related episode: Episode 24: Edit Your Financial Fears (guest interview with Sandra Gilpatrick)
- Related Episode: Episode 81: Reducing High School + College Stress (guest interview with Gabrielle Blair)
- Related episode: Episode 66: Women, Networking + Money (guest interview with Morra Aarons-Mele)
Question Of The Week
What’s your favorite productivity app? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post pinned to the top of the page).
Get In Touch
- Email us at email@example.com
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.