Edit Your Life Episode 97: Moving Forward Under Stress
The last few weeks in our country have been remarkably painful. Hurricanes, floods, fires, shootings, untimely deaths, warmongering, political chaos...it’s enough to make us want to hide in the closet and never come out. And yet, there’s still work to do, meals to cook, and life to live. How do you keep functioning and even experiencing joy when things are so stressful?
In Episode 97 of Edit Your Life, Asha and I give listeners the podcast version of a hug. We share what’s going on in our lives, plus what we’re doing to stay productive in today’s stressful climate.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting (our book)
- Brave New World Designs (Christine and Jon’s advocacy-oriented t-shirt business)
- 14 Tips for Dealing With Overwhelm (Boston Mamas)
- United for Puerto Rico
- One America Appeal
- Lin-Manuel Miranda’s Twitter feed (will make you feel good about life)
- The Hispanic Federation via Lin-Manuel Miranda and MoveOn
- Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund
- Lizzie Pannill Fletcher for Congress (TX-7)
- Amy McGrath for Congress (KY-6)
- Amy McGrath “Runway” video https://youtu.be/-x7r15sLcQo
- What Happened by Hillary Clinton
- How To Fit In Exercise (Boston Mamas)
- Charity Navigator
- Jennifer Hofmann’s Action Checklist for Americans of Conscience (practical, positive political action via weekly email)
- Indivisible (hyper-local political activism community -- no experience necessary)
- Coldplay A Head Full of Dreams tour (one of the most generous concerts Asha has ever seen)
- Related episode: Ep. 38: Prioritizing Me Time
- Related episode: Ep. 39: Solving Common Fitness Pitfalls
Question Of The Week
How do you keep moving forward when things are stressful? Join the discussion on the Edit Your Life Facebook page (look for the Question Of The Week post).
Get In Touch
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.