Edit Your Life Episode 45: Letting Go Of The Hero Role
It’s common for one person to assume the role of family problem solver, but this means that things can get complicated and stressful when that person is unavailable to problem solve. Inspired by a listener letter, in Episode 45 Asha and I discuss the benefits of kids experiencing discomfort and how stepping back and letting go of the hero role can benefit the entire family system.
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at email@example.com
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- The Misguided Desire of Wanting Our Kids To Be Happy (the listener who inspired this episode sent us this link)
- Edit Your Life Episode 21: Saying Yes to Saying No (the #1 strategy for making room for yourself!)
- Edit Your Life Episode 26: How To Get Kids To Do Chores
- Edit Your Life Episode 32: Letting Kids Experience Risk (indirectly related to our discussion about letting kids experience discomfort)
- Edit Your Life Episode 38: Prioritizing “Me” Time
- Christine’s 58-hour birth story (OMG)
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.