Edit Your Life Episode 44: Navigating Summer Schedules
Oh, summer. Parents typically are itching for the school year to end, and then not long into summer are struggling with the lack of structure or the overwhelming moving pieces and expenses. In Episode 44, Asha and I talk about embracing the imperfection of the summer juggle, and share 10 tips related to family preferences, calendar management and routines, boredom, chores, “brain drain,” and guilt.
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Minimalist Parenting
- Our appearance on NPR’s “Tell Me More” discussing summer overscheduling
- The relaxed parent’s guide to summer vacation (Asha wrote this article for The Week)
- Create a Possibilities calendar for stuff you might like to do this summer
- Motivate struggling readers with joke books, comics and other “junky” reads
- Hyperlocal sites like Boston Mamas (check out regular event features such as the Weekly Blueprint and Weekend Roundup, and special roundups such as 13 free summer festivals and fairs and 25 free summer programs)
- Edit Your Life Episode 26: How To Get Kids To Do Chores
- Tips for finding math moments in everyday
- Tips for raising avid readers
- Edit Your Life Episode 13: interview with Amy Mascott about Raising Rock Star Readers (Guilt-Free!)
Interested in sponsorship?
We’ve got an awesome range of lifestyle, parenting and productivity topics in the queue for future episodes. If you’d like to discuss sponsoring an episode, email us at email@example.com.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.