Edit Your Life Episode 43: Our Favorite Wellness Apps
Want to improve your health this summer? Your smartphone can help you! There are hundreds of apps that can act as coach, motivators, and trackers -- the trick is deciding on which app to use. In Episode 43, Asha and I share our favorite wellness apps (all but one are free and almost all are available for iOS and Android!), spanning exercise, diet, mindfulness, and anxiety reduction.
Talk to us
- Leave a comment on the Edit Your Life Facebook page
- Talk to us on Instagram or Twitter using #EditYourLifeShow
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Edit Your Life Episode 39: Solving Common Fitness Pitfalls
- Edit Your Life Episode 19: The Upside of Electronics
- Edit Your Life Episode 41: Smarter Smartphone Use
- Earbud running hack (via Christine’s video series)
- Yoga Studio app review (via Christine’s video series)
- Running: Couch to 5K (C25K) (iOS, Android)
- Food diary: MyFitnessPal (iOS, Android)
- Water consumption: Hydro Coach (Android)
- Meditation: Headspace, Calm, Stop, Breathe & Think, Insight Timer; OMG I Can Meditate! (iOS, Android)
- Yoga: Yoga Studio ($1.99; iOS, Android)
- Workouts: Nike+ Training Club, Popsugar Active (iOS, Android)
- Fitness trackers: Microsoft Health, Fitbit (iOS, Android); S Health (Android)
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): Seven (iOS, Android)
- Raise money for charity! Charity Miles (iOS, Android)
- Our earbud recommendation: these inexpensive Panasonic earbuds are Christine’s faves!
- Phone holder recommendations: SPIBelt, FlipBelt
- Fitness pants with built-in phone pocket (listener recommendation): RaesWear
Mega-props to this episode’s sponsor!
And here’s a message from this episode’s sponsor, GoHealth Urgent Care:
GoHealth Urgent Care centers offer effortless access to care through online check-ins, walk in appointments, integrated medical records, and modern facilities. GoHealth Urgent Care centers offer a superior level of care and empathy without sacrificing speed or convenience. There are GoHealth Urgent Care locations in New York, Oregon and Washington and GoHealth Urgent Care has plans to expand across the country, and will open centers in California this summer. GoHealth Urgent Care partners with leading health care systems to give you a best-in-class network of providers for care – perfect for when your primary care physician is unavailable and you don’t need the emergency room. GoHealth Urgent Care is here to offer a more emotionally gratifying experience than traditional urgent care. Because when you matter, you shouldn’t have to wait, or be rushed out and forgotten.
Catch up on previous episodes
Here's a complete listing of every episode.