Happy weekend, everyone, I hope you're having a wonderful one! After an unusually busy May, we're trying to take it easy this weekend and keep things very home/neighborhood-centric! I also found inspiration this week to return to music (slow, baby steps!), which feels pretty fantastic. Meanwhile, if you're looking to kick back with some interesting content, here are the reads/visuals that caught my eye this week via Hey Internet, Keep Being Awesome:
- An evolving view of animals.
- For the Tina Fey and Amy Poehler fans out there!
- How to build a business that fits your lifestyle (featuring my colleague Morra Aarons-Mele!).
- Yelling from the sidelines? It can distract your child.
- Out of the classroom and into the woods.
- Short film Just Breathe helps kids deal with emotions.
- I am positively obsessed with Meghan Trainor's ukulele rendition of Dear Future Husband.
- Mapping the hourly wage needed to rent a 2-bedroom apartment in every state. (UGH)
- Nonacademic skills are the key to success. But what should we call them?
Image credit: no-bake millionaire's shortbread bars via Pinterest