Happy weekend everyone, I hope you're enjoying a wonderful one! Soccer is wrapping up this weekend for Laurel so it definitely feels as if we're moving through fall and towards the holidays (Thanksgiving is in less than 3 weeks...what?!). I hope you have a chance to kick back and enjoy the reads in this week's Hey Internet, Keep Being Awesome. Also, don't forget to enter to win this crazy gorgeous twin bed + nightstand set!
- #OptOutside with REI: Why REI has elevated to a serious level of awesome in my book.
- Jamming with your toddler: How music trumps reading for childhood development: Well, I think both music and reading are awesome, but YES. Music matters!
- They wanted lifestyle shots: This may very well be the funniest sponsored post in the history of the universe, via my friend Jim Lin.
- Matt Heaton's Toddlerbilly Riot: If you've ever enjoyed Matt Heaton locally (which I imagine you have, because the dude works it!) or believe in indie music, go support his CD Kickstarter!
- 13 people who had the perfect shirt for the moment: I kinda love #1 the best.
- Tinkergarten: I recently learned about this cool site, including lots of outdoor, nature-inspired projects for kids. Vi is so geared towards sensory projects so it'll be fun to try some of these!
- Top 10 schools for aspiring musicians: Because IMO, the world needs more musicians! Also, way to go Boston!
- All the times President Obama lost his chill around kids: I seriously have ALL THE LOVE for the photos in this post. So good.
- Trudeau gives Canada first cabinet with equal number of men and women: Yet another reason to love Canada.
Image credit: spiced pomegranate cocktail via Pinterest