There's so much going on in the world right now that is just plain hard and I've been wrestling a lot with acts and commentary that seem oblivious to the fact that we are all human and that every life matters. This week's Hey Internet, Keep Being Awesome is rather reflective of life -- there are searing stories and narratives that must be read, and also things that are just plain silly. I hope you'll immerse yourself in both sides of things this weekend.
- Why we need to be open for refugees: An excellent read from my friend Allison.
- Humans of New York refugee stories: It has been difficult for me to understand how people are able to lose sight of the fact that people are actually people. Please read these stories.
- One parent, on Paris: They might have guns but we have flowers. Yes.
- How are you really? In a world of best-face-forward selfies, this candid post by my beloved Asha is a must read.
- This Week For Dinner podcast: It was such fun to be a guest on my friend Jane's new podcast. I share some of my favorite recipes and tips for cooking with kids.
- The Cool Mom Picks Holiday Gift Guide: My awesome friends Liz and Kristen just released their gift guide. They are awesome. You will want to check this out!
- Reese Witherspoon's speech at the Glamour Women of the Year awards: "If you want something done, honey, do it yourself." Indeed. Way to be amazing, Reese Witherspoon!
- Three brothers recreated old photos to make this epic calendar for mom: I seriously laughed ALL THE LAUGHS. #nailedit
- Dad pushes daughter in wheelchair so she can participate in marching band: Excuse me while I go wipe something out of my eye.
- Alanis Morissette Updates 'Ironic' Lyrics: OMG.
Image credit: pumpkin whoopie pies via Pinterest