You know what should have been the eighth tip in Asha and my Edit Your Life episode on de-stressing Halloween? To let someone else throw the party entirely! This month has been replete with Halloween fun (be sure to check the Weekly Blueprint and Weekend Roundup every week!) and these 9 upcoming events will allow you and your kids some lovely fall fun while getting extra mileage out of costumes. Enjoy and share with your friends!
1. October 23-25: Halloween Prowl at Moose Hill (Sharon). Learn about the history of Halloween from a Druid, encounter costumed characters along a candle-lit trail, and then enjoy a campfire sing-a-long with popcorn and drinks.
2. October 23-24: Halloween Happenings at the Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary (Topsfield). Enjoy a walk in a magical forest along trail lit with luminaries and jack o'lanterns, the bonfire, and the cider and Halloween cupcakes during this sweet evening.
3. October 24: Trick-or-Treat at The Street (Chestnut Hill). This fun afternoon has a photo booth, face painting, live music, and a pooch parade and canine costume contest.
4. October 24: A Halloween Romp at the Children's Museum in Easton (Easton). Crafts, games, science experiments, creepy animals, and music are highlights of this special event.
5. October 24: Halloween Night Hike & Hayride (Wachusett). With an educational night time hike, bonfire, Halloween crafts, and refreshments, this event promises a fun evening.
6. October 24-25: Zoo Howl at the Franklin Park Zoo (Boston). Hayrides, games, costume contests, a haunted maze, and animals enjoying pumpkins all feature as children trick or treat among the animals.
7. October 25: Pru Boo at the Prudential Center (Boston). With face painting, magic shows, cookie decorating, and trick or treating at over 50 stores, this indoor event will be awesome no matter the weather outside.
8. October 29-30: Tales of the Night at Drumlin Farm (Lincoln). There will be animal demonstrations, over 100 jack o'lanterns, a Nursery Rhyme Trail, a haunted hayride, and delicious treats.
9. October 30: Haunted Forest at Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary (Wellfleet). Strange and mysterious (but not scary) creatures are waiting for you in this forest, to be followed by games and face painting (Wellfleet)
Image credit: Pixabay
Image credit: Pixabay