Peas. They're nutritious, delicious, colorful, great for snacking (I've been consuming large quantities raw thanks to the heat), easy to grow in a home garden, and -- notably in my book -- one of the few vegetables Violet will eat. Green and snap peas are in season June through September in Masschusetts, and this week's Eat Seasonal feature offers 8 ways to breathe new life into peas, whether as a snack, side, or main dish:
1. Try a fresh take on hummus via this green pea hummus.
2. These roasted sugar snap peas with mint and sea salt look simple and incredible.
3. Quick and healthy green pea fritters.
5. Add color and nutrients to store-bought pasta with this ravioli with snap peas and mushrooms.
6. Seared scallops with snap peas and pancetta in 20 minutes = WIN.
7. Love the idea of pairing Korean-style short ribs with snap peas.
8. These pea guacamole and seared halloumi soft tacos? Major wow.
Image credits: peas via FreeDigitalPhotos.net; all others via linked sites above