Hey Internet, Keep Being Awesome
Happy weekend everyone, I hope you're having a great one! I've been up since 4am with Violet (zzzzzz) but I shook off the cobwebs with a run and then Jon and I just finished our little patio expansion project -- so fun to flip a previously dormant space into a live one! Anyway, I've got some great reads and visuals for you via Hey Internet, Keep Being Awesome. Enjoy, and don't forget to check the Weekend Roundup if you're looking for something to do!
- My naked truth (essential read re: self acceptance and aging)
- Self acceptance, via Colbie Caillat
- 23 quotes that perfectly explain racism to people who don’t see color
- The emotional whiplash of parenting a teenager
- 99 texting acronyms and phrases every parent should know
- 6 steps to growing a positive parent-child relationship
- Down with America’s kid competition complex
- Want to get pumped? Watch Kacy Catanzaro. Laurel and I were FREAKING OUT.
- Letting your kids see you cry
- I don’t care if you like it (women are tired of being judged by the Esquire metric)
Image credit: creamy margarita popsicles via Pinterest