Happy May everyone! Among many random holidays (seriously, there are a lot this month!), it’s National Salad Month. And I'm totally on board with NSM for many reasons (hello seasonal produce! yay, roughage!). I thought I would use this holiday to round up 18 awesome salads from the archives. And now I'm hungry and want to make them all right now (I enjoyed #18 yesterday). Enjoy!
1. Make use of all those random little odds and ends in your fridge with this butler’s salad.
2. Pair this easy steak Cobb salad with a simple vinaigrette.
3. Go for whole grain goodness with this bountiful barley salad.
4. I’ve made this Santa Rosa Valley Salad many, many times. It never disappoints!
5. Sara’s Chicken Salad isn’t exactly light but I don’t care. The lemon pepper. The bacon. SO GOOD.
6. Fire up your grill for this grilled salad with herb vinaigrette.
7. This roasted beet and lentil salad packs a tasty and nutritional punch.
8. For those who enjoy fish, you’ll love this salmon with fennel salad.
9. A delicious way to treat your beets via this yummy beet salad.
10. I became obsessed with pistachios and nectarines thanks to this farm stand salad.
11. Get your omegas with this teriyaki salmon salad.
12. When your basil plants explode, be sure to try this fast and yummy chicken pesto salad.
13. This quinoa and black bean salad is a party favorite in my family.
14. This spinach salad? So simple. So good.
15. And if you want to add a bit more body to your spinach, try this spinach pasta salad.
16. A pretty, colorful, and tasty radicchio salad.
17. Cauliflower? Good for babies, also great in cauliflower salad form.
18. This warm winter salad is actually awesome any time of year. Like yesterday.