Need inspiration for Father's Day brunch (or really, any upcoming meal)? Today, Jules (also of In The Kitchen Catering & Food Delivery shares the next installment in our Meals Made Easy series (be sure to give these easy roasted shrimp with veggies and balsamic orange chicken dishes a try if you haven't already!). Enjoy this simple and delicious recipe for zucchini, tomato and ricotta frittata:
Quiche is a classic brunch menu item with classically heavy ingredients set in a classically heavy crust. Instead of serving a typical ham and Swiss quiche to your family, show them how much you love them by serving them this ultra easy and fit alternative: a veggie frittata. Frittatas extend well beyond brunch; in fact, my husband and I often enjoy them for dinner served on top of mixed greens with a simple vinaigrette.
Zucchini, Tomato & Ricotta Frittata
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (plus a little extra for garnish)
- Salt, pepper, and olive oil
- 2 medium zucchinis, sliced into quarter-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- Fresh oregano
- Preheat broiler on high. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, Parmesan-Reggiano cheese, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- On a large baking sheet, place zucchini slices in one layer and season well with oil, salt, and pepper. Broil until brown (keep an eye on zucchini so it doesn't burn). Change the oven setting to 400 degrees.
- Add oil to the bottom and sides of a large skillet and add zucchini. Add the garlic, tomatoes, and dollop the ricotta on top of the zucchini. Pour the egg mixture into the skillet. Cover. Cook frittata in hot oven until the eggs are puffed, browned, and firm in the center, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and top with fresh oregano and a bit more Parmesan-Reggiano cheese. Serve right away.
Image credits: Jules Rosenthal