I'm thrilled to announce a new blog post series that I've crafted with lovely (and long-time!) contributor Jules. Jules is a mother of two with credentials in social work, personal training, and catering; here's the gist of the Meals Made Easy series: Meals Made Easy recipes represent what all busy moms need: quick and easy dinner solutions that don't require a special trip to the store at 5:30pm on a weekday with two tired kids who both need to go potty. Awesome, no? Today, Jules shares a simple and delicious recipe for roasted shrimp with veggies:
Roasted Shrimp With Veggies
- Salt, pepper, olive oil, butter
- 1 pound of large shrimp *frozen uncooked is a great deal and very easy to thaw and cook while the vegetables are cooking
- 2-4 zucchinis/squash, sliced into 1/4" medallions
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Zest and juice of one whole lemon
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Fresh baby arugula
- Couscous or quinoa (cooked per box instructions)
- Parmesan cheese
1. Heat up broiler. If you're using frozen shrimp, peel and place shrimp in a large bowl of tepid water to defrost. Meanwhile, season squash medallions and cherry tomatoes liberally with salt, pepper, and olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Broil veggies until they begin to tenderize and brown and the tomatoes begin to blister.
2. Dry thawed shrimp completely. Season liberally with salt and lots of black pepper. (Cumin is a nice option to add too.) Heat a pan with butter and olive oil and sauté the shrimp. As soon as the shrimp turn pink, remove from heat and combine with the roasted vegetables. Top with the lemon juice + zest. Sprinkle basil on top. Finish with parmesan and serve immediately on a bed of baby arugula or a bed of couscous or quinoa.
Image credits: Jules Rosenthal