My friend Jess kindly has called me queen of the statement necklace. It's true; I do love accessories for pop, particularly as an easy (and overall more affordable) way to elevate an outfit while sticking to neutrals with clothing. In my third spring style lift post (see also, scarves + studs), I wanted to share 8 statement necklaces. If you've been wary of trying bold jewelry, I say go for it. Or borrow a friend's necklace and give it a go and see how it feels. You'll be amazed by how quickly a bold necklace can finish an outfit and draw admiring looks!
1. This square link necklace conjures Kate Spade for a lesser price ($32, Pretty Please the Jewel, a Boston based vendor).
2. I love the modern, dramatic look of this short clear cast gem necklace ($39.50, LOFT).
3. The pear-shaped gems on this cabochon statement necklace ($58, Ann Taylor) are pretty and special.
4. This fabric wrapped beach necklace ($49.50, LOFT; also available in red and white) makes a statement using a different texture.
5. Want a little volume? Try this caged pearl bobble necklace ($39.90, The Limited).
6. I couldn't stop thinking about the gorgeous modern minimalism (and affordability!) of this gold mesh necklace ($22, BANJOandBONE) so I bought it last night after I finished prepping this post!
7. Support women artisans in Africa with your purchase of this metal and paper bead Sunday frill necklace ($55, ONE).
8. I will admit; I also bought this crystal cupcake necklace (currently on sale for $39.50, J. Crew Factory) yesterday, and got it 30% off using the code STYLESCORE. Sweet!
Image credits: all images are associated with the linked products; composite graphic by Christine Koh