I hope you've all had a fantastic first week of the New Year! It's been a tad crazy here, attempting to get caught up on things, but I feel grateful for all of the good stuff going on -- not the least of which is the incredible outpouring of applications in response to my call for writers. Please be patient while I sift through the responses over the coming weeks and thank you so much for your interest and kind words. Meanwhile, I hope you're gearing up for a fun and relaxing weekend -- below are 9 picks that caught my eye. Enjoy!
1. Family friendly activities and warm galette? Sign me up. (Boston)
2. Who doesn't love a magic show? (Arlington)
3. I love the idea of taking a parent/child knitting class with Laurel. (Jamaica Plain)
4. I always feel so inspired browsing at open studios. (Lowell)
5. Head to Amazing Things if you want to see Gustafer Yellowgold rocking the live music, animated illustrations, and storytelling. (Framingham)
6. Get green and crafty in the New Year. (Mattapan)
7. How pretty would a full moon hike be? (Topsfield)
8. Support local at the Cambridge and Dorchester winter farmer's markets opening this week! (For other winter farmer's markets in Massachusetts, visit the Mass Farmers Markets site -- scroll down and follow instructions on the site to search for winter markets.)
9. This or another upcoming cold weekend, it would be fun to hit up the MFA Family Art Cart (Boston).
Image credit: French Cultural Center of Boston