I know I'm not the only one who is super excited about a respite from the rain. The forecast looks beautiful -- perfect for enjoying any or all of these 15 (!) weekend picks that caught my eye:
1. Art buffet = awesome.
2. I hope they have weaving demos again at the Boston Arts Festival -- it was Laurel's favorite activity last year.
3. How can you not love a grand costume parade?
4. My elementary school friend Melanie was so generous -- she always shared her (crazy delicious) lamejun with me. If I knew where she was, I'd buy her treats from this Armenian festival.
5. Celebrate local and indie organic design,
baby Bollywood style.
6. I kind of freaked out a little seeing my former GBYSO conductor Joel Bard on the roster for the Newton Cultural Center festivities. Such a nice guy!
7. I find windmills kind of magical, do you?
8. I love perusing artisan wares.
9. I'm totally down with a concert that references a character named Schmutzinberry.
10. For those on the South shore, enjoy this music, theatre, and dance family festival.
11. And if you're in the Winchester area, check out this musicfest.
12. I have a feeling Laurel would really dig the costumes at the Melrose Victorian Fair.
14. Want to enjoy a grown up music venue family style? Alastair Moock and friends will play from Moock's new family friendly album at Club Passim.
15. We've found our last two sitters through Care.com. If you need childcare, they're hosting a Care Fair at the Museum of Science.
Image credit: Peabody Essex Museum